Using a depth-oriented approach, I provide a non-judgmental, sex-positive, and LGBTQ+ affirming environment to explore aspects of your sexual self, sex life and functioning in pursuit of greater overall health and wellbeing. Together, we work collaboratively to explore what sexual and emotional health means for you, what is working for you in your life, and where you would like to see change. I emphasize principles that include consensual, non-exploitative, safe, honest, and pleasurable sex that enriches and enhances your life. I celebrate and affirm all aspects of:
- Gender (trans, cis, non-binary, agender, non-conforming, etc),
- Sexual orientation (homo, hetero, bi, pan, demi, asexual, etc),
- Erotic (BDSM, kink, vanilla, fetishist, etc), and
- Relational (monogamist, monogamish, poly+, etc)
I work with individuals (adults 18 years and older) experiencing a variety of concerns related to sexual behavior, functioning, and satisfation, providing assessment, treatment planning, and intervention. Sex therapy can include themes related to:
- gender identity and/or navigating the transition process (including disclosure to family/friends, medical and/or surgical intervention, and the complexities of socially transitioning)
- sexual orientation
- relational orientation
- body image
- navigating the complexity of careers in the sex/entertainment industry (sex work, porn, stripping, etc)
- issues of sexual functioning* (erectile dysfunction, anorgasmia, delayed or early ejaculation, and sexual pain disorders)
- health-related psychosocial issues such as living with HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- compulsive sexual behavior and hypersexuality
- desire discrepancies between partners.
Please contact me by phone or email if you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment. My office is located on the east end of downtown St. John’s, NL. I offer video/online appointments for anyone in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, and Colorado, USA.
*For issues related to sexual functioning, a referral from a doctor is highly recommended.